The Iron Sharpeneth Iron podcast by the one and only BJ Stagner. It is designed to discuss all the things related to fitness, faith, and family. The podcast addresses topics ranging from professionalism within the fitness culture, to family-friendly environments, extending into bi-vocational aspects of a modern coach. You can also expect to learn the ins and outs of successful business strategies, and explore the lives of the men and women in the fitness or faith community who have achieved extraordinary feats.
In this episode, BJ chats with Robin about his career path as a Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Cardiff Blues and Owner of ION Strength and Conditioning. They dive into the aspects of the bi-vocational coaching structure, the transition from professional rugby player to coach as well as the effects both have had and do have on him in his personal life.
If you have ever wondered what it’s like to own a gym and operate as a S&C coach for the Cardiff Blues, then you are in for a treat!
Here’s a sneak peek of what you will learn from this episode:
- Robin’s Background in Rugby
- Challenges associated with transitioning from being a professional athlete to becoming a coach
- What it’s like to have a full-time job as a S&C coach for the Cardiff Blues and run a successful gym
- Key differences in programming, managing and leading for the rugby players vs. gym members
- How Robin’s experiences and challenges have shaped his mindset and enabled him to succeed in his career